You don’t want to miss this! Amazon has announced it’s third annual Amazon Prime Day, July 11. 2017!
This post contains affiliate links, please see full disclosure policy here
What is Prime Day
As part of Prime Day, Amazon promises hundreds of thousands of deals, with new deals starting every five minutes, and special offers across everything included with Prime—from music and video to reading and voice shopping.
This year Amazon Prime Day includes an extra six hours to shop the Prime Day deals. Amazon also promises that the deals will be easier to find as Prime Members will be able to search for deals based on their interest. There will be 22 interests spread across tech, beauty, games, fashion, home, sports, pets, etc. that you will be able to personalize.
Amazon Prime Membership
While Amazon Prime Day promises to be the best shopping day of the year, you must be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of all the amazing Prime Day deals.
Here is the good news! You can sign up today for a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime. If you cancel your free trial within 30 days of signing up, you will not be billed. Just make sure to put a reminder on your calendar to cancel it before 30 days are up or you will be billed for the full year membership.
However, I will say that I LOVE having Prime membership. Some of the Prime membership benefits that we regularly take advantage of include:
- Free two-day shipping
- Free same-day delivery for many items.
- ( I do believe this is limited to certain eligible cities. If you live in Los Angeles area you can receive same-day delivery on many items)
- Prime Video TV show and movie streaming.
- We do not have cable so we take advantage of this often. It is very similar to Netflix but Amazon has many different shows and movies then Netflix carries.
- The Kindle book library.
- I love reading e-books. The cut down on my clutter, they are instantly accessible and they are cheaper. With Prime membership, you are able to read many Kindle books for free. Essential this works similarly to your local library. You borrow the book for two weeks.
- Prime Pantry
How to Get the Best Deals
- Start your 30-day free trial if you’re not already a Prime member.
- Download the Amazon App
- Shop deals as early as 6pm PT / 9pm ET on July 10
- You can start watching deals on July 9th. New deals will start as often as every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight.
- If you miss a deal, join the Waitlist.
- When an item shows “100% claimed,” click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page. If additional items become available, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device.
Special Offers Prime Members Can Take Advantage of Before Prime Day
- Kindle Unlimited
- Prime Members can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from more than 1 million titles on any device.
- Enjoy Audible for 40% off your first 6 months.
- Amazon Music Unlimited
- Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get the best deal in Amazon Music history: For just $0.99, enjoy four months of the full catalog, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs.
Shop With Purpose
While I am all about getting a great deal and saving money, it is important to be purposeful in your shopping with these types of events. If you have a genuine need or have been considering a new purchase, I want you to get the best deal you can, which is why Amazon Prime Day is so great.
However, I feel compelled to remind you not to purchase items just because they are a good deal. If you are purchasing items just because they are on sale, you are not really saving anything. Not only that, you will add to the clutter in your home and the stress in your life.
So to make sure you are shopping with purpose be sure to review these articles:
Now that you know you are shopping with purpose, I would love to hear of any amazing deals you discover.
As always, live simply, live intentionally and make each day your Favorite day!